OPUA MARINA EXTENSION 2015-16
In May 2016 I was invited to take progressive photographs of the Opua marina extensions by Jess Cherrington of Total Marine Services Ltd.
The Opua Marina Extension began late in 2015.
The work was planned to provide -
• 173 new rental berths
• 3 new commercial buildings to accommodate services for the local community and visiting boats
• a new pile mooring area south of Ashby’s boatyard
• improved public access to shoreline
• an esplanade strip, timber boardwalk, landscaping and children’s playground
• a 48-metre dinghy dock and 56 dinghy racks
• a boat ramp launching pontoon and public berth
• a fuel berth extension
Click on each picture, below, to see a larger view.....